May 23-26, 2022 | TCF Center in Detroit, Michigan
Sam Lamerato, CPFP was involved in fleet maintenance for 42 years and is Lamerato is a State of Michigan Certified Auto and Truck Mechanic & former Master ASE Auto & Medium/Heavy Truck Certified. Sam retired as Superintendent of Fleet for the City of Troy, Michigan, a fleet operation with over 500 pieces of equipment.
Sam has spoken at numerous professional fleet seminars and was Chair of Michigan’s APWA Educational Committee from 1995-2014, educating thousands of fleet professionals in both the US and Canada.
Sam has received numerous professional and personal fleet industry awards during his career including:
· 2005 Professional Manager of the Year – Fleet Management Award (Michigan APWA)
· 2006-2010 Sam was appointed to the Chrysler Fleet Advisory Council for a 2-year term and served on the Chrysler Police Advisory Board for 4 years.
· 2006 Received a Civilian Commendation from the Troy Police Department for his contribution to law enforcement
· 2007 was among the inaugural group to receive the Certified Public Fleet Professional Certification (CPFP)
· 2008 APWA Top Ten Leader Award (The FIRST and ONLY fleet manager to receive this award)
· 2010 American Public Works Association’s (APWA) Professional Manager of the Year - Public Fleet
· 2010 City of Troy's awarded #1 Best Fleet in North America (Government Fleet Magazine)
· 2011 Public Sector Fleet Manager of the Year (Government Fleet Magazine)
· City of Troy recognized by Government Fleet Magazine as an Elite Fleet in North America in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015
· 2014 In the inaugural group inducted into Government Fleet Magazine’s Hall of Fame, and was the FIRST recipient of Government Fleet Magazine’s Legendary Lifetime Achievement Award
· Co-Owner, Principal Advisor, Consultant and Trainer – Public Fleet Advisors (PFA)
When you work for a government agency, audits are a part of your life. Having a strong foundation and knowing what fleet auditors look for will help you show the value and efficiency of your operation and the readiness of your department to serve your community. More Info